Version 2.2.7(13) is here!
• Ability for new users to join a team
• Ability for new users to create a team
• Ability for users to change their username
• Moved Profile Screen to app drawer
• Added Screen to show scoreboard for teams
• Arranged screens in more fluid order
View known errors and what is being done to resolve.
- 12/29/2020 Device orientation works but the user loses access to increment/decrement section on most mobile/tablet devices when in landscape position.
Get a list of updates and info on the problems being solved.
- 1/22/2021 As users reach triple digits in their scores, the app is trying to continue the number down onto the next line. [02/01/2021 Resolved, wrapped the text into a dynamic field that should scale based on screen dimensions. Additionally I set the initial fontSize to be 5 pts smaller]
- 1/05/2021 Remove user signup from public view, make app invite only. Resolved and postponed. Currently testing user sign-up and do not want to remove the function just yet. Leaving here until we open to other teams. [resolved]
- 1/04/2021 ActivityLog returns all transactional activity since beginning of the database, this will eventually generate significant READ expense during creation of new users if this isn’t limited. No need for full transactions, Last 25 should be fine. [Resolved] Added to next update.
- 1/03/2021 Decrement Function for Notifications does not work. [Resolved] found spelling error in variable name preventing the transaction from completing. Fix is included in next update.
- 12/29/2020 Every time a user visits the “Me” screen or the “Team” screen, the app is re-reading the data from the stream, “pulling” the info, even the info hasn’t changed. This is generating more reads on the database than necessary. Switching to a NotifyListener state management process will resolve this in version 2.0.0. The current screens are set as Stateful Widgets rather than StateLESS widgets made up from Stateful components. [Resolved] Rebuilt the entire screen as stateless widget with StreamBuilder providing the stateful elements.
- 12/28/2020 Added further error handling within increment/decrement methods. Fixed error message from broadcasting unrelated error info.
- 12/28/2020 Database not responding: [cloud_firestore/resource-exhausted] Some resource has been exhausted, perhaps a per-user quota, or perhaps the entire file system is out of space. Support ticket has been created. [Resolved] Error with “currentShiftDate” caused an action to be triggered repeatedly, never resolving. This used up the allowable transactions for the day. Corrected. Monitoring this closely.
- 12/28/2020 Signing up a new user does not initialize an empty score for that new user. Delivers a blank screen for the “me” section. I belive this is tied to the database resource issue [Resolved] See “Database Not Responding Error” above
- 12/28/2020 Pressing the increment or decrement icons does not give any visual acknoledgement that the press was accepted. Solution – Add progress indicator that removes the button while the backend is working. Wrap this in a try/catch to better error handling.[Resolved] User will now see the button recess into the screen and change color slightly to assist with press indication.
Submit feature requests to create a more enjoyable experience for yourself and others.
- 02/01/2021 Completed feature that allows users to see progress of other teams
- 12/29/2020 Create ActivityLog, allow team members to view contributions from the entire team. Example below, ignore styling.
- Font color of each feed item will match the action taken.
“Create New Team” will generate a new teamID. This teamID will be identical to the team activity doc ID. This allows team leaders to create new user, immediately assigning them to proper team and activity feed. [Already implemented and available]
Feature: Users able to swipe between screens using gestures rather than having to tap on the bottom tab navigator [Already available]
Feature: Invite Team Member function to allow user to invite another team member by sending them an email that contains the teamID for them to join. [02/01/2021 this feature is not complete. At this time a current user can copy the teamID and text it to the new user to then be pasted into the new user’s joinTeam field.]
Feature: User profile section that allows user to share their UserID as well as ability to set daily/monthly targets for each goal.
Thank you for taking the time to download and test the Mot de Passe mobile app! This has been a fun and challenging project. I genuinely hope the app generates more engagement between our team(s).